【龍騰網(wǎng)】印度人行橋在修復(fù)幾天后倒塌
正文翻譯
90 feared dead as footbridge in Gujarat collapses days after repair
古吉拉特邦人行天橋在修復(fù)幾天后倒塌,恐以致90人死亡

RAJKOT: At least 90 people were feared dead and scores injured when a just-renovated 140-year-old suspension bridge over the algae-lined Machchhu river in Gujarat’s Morbi collapsed Sunday evening under the weight of an estimated 400-strong holiday crowd, barely five days after the structure had been reopened to the public. The death toll could exceed 100, sources said.
拉杰果德消息:周日晚上,印度古吉拉特邦莫爾比縣一架坐落在綠藻密布的馬赫胡河上140年歷史的懸索橋發(fā)生垮塌,當(dāng)時大約400多人正在橋上慶祝節(jié)日,目前已有至少90人死亡,數(shù)十人受傷。這座橋梁重新面向公眾開放僅5天。消息人士稱,死亡人數(shù)可能超過100人。
Morbi MLA and minister of state Brijesh Merja confirmed 60-odd deaths as the prospect of finding survivors appeared to dim around 10.30pm, almost four hours after the bridge came down in a cacophony of snapping iron cables and horrified screams. Officials said the tragedy occurred between 6.30 and 7pm.
莫爾比立法議會和國務(wù)部長布里杰什·梅里亞證實事故已經(jīng)造成60多人死亡,當(dāng)時約晚上10點30分左右,找到幸存者的希望似乎變得渺茫,大約四個小時前,大橋在斷裂的鐵索聲和恐怖的尖叫聲中倒塌。官方稱悲劇發(fā)生在晚上6點30分到7點之間。
Rajkot Lok Sabha MP Mohan Kundariya, who lives in Morbi, confirmed to TOI that around 50 bodies had been fished out of the river and 100-odd injured survivors shifted to various hospitals. "The thick layer of algae is making the search operation a daunting task in the dark,” he said.
A team of Garuda commandos from the IAF left from Jamnagar to assist in the operation that was underway till late in the night. “Medical ambulances and doctors from nearby districts have rushed to Morbi to provide maximum care for the injured,” Merja said.
住在莫爾比縣的印度下議院國會議員莫漢·昆達(dá)利亞向《印度時報》證實,已經(jīng)從河里打撈出大約50具尸體,100多名傷者被送往各醫(yī)院。他說:“厚厚的水藻再加上事發(fā)在夜里,導(dǎo)致搜索行動非常艱巨。” 印度空軍的鷹路達(dá)突擊隊從賈姆納加爾出發(fā),協(xié)助救援,一直到深夜。梅里亞說:“救護車和附近地區(qū)的醫(yī)生已經(jīng)趕到莫爾比,為傷者提供最大限度的醫(yī)療服務(wù)?!?/p>
Minister of state for roads and buildings Jagdish Panchal said it was possible the British-era bridge collapsed due to overloading, given the fact that not less than 400 tickets had been issued to visitors in that period. “Prima facie, it is suspected there were more people on the bridge than its capacity.”
道路交通和公路部部長賈格迪什·潘查爾說,考慮到那段時間里賣給了游客不少于400張門票,這座英國統(tǒng)治時代的大橋垮塌可能是超載造成的?!俺醪絹砜?,橋上的人數(shù)可能超過了橋的承重能力?!?/p>
The state government constituted a five-member committee to probe the reason for the bridge collapse.
古吉拉特邦政府成立了一個五人委員會來調(diào)查橋梁倒塌的原因。
BN Bhatt, a local resident who possibly made the first call to the helpline 108 for emergency ambulance services, estimated that there were 500 people on the bridge when it gave way. “I counted more than 60 people being taken unconscious to hospital,” he said.
當(dāng)?shù)鼐用癜凸乜赡苁堑谝粋€撥打108急救電話的人。他說橋坍塌時,上面大約有500人?!拔覕?shù)了數(shù),有60多人因為失去知覺被送往醫(yī)院?!?/p>
Gujarat DGP Ashish Bhatia said many people were seen hanging from the bridge when the rescue effort began.
古吉拉特邦總檢察長阿西施·巴蒂亞說,救援行動剛開始時,很多人還掛在橋上。
Besides National Disaster Response Force teams, the Army was also called in. Six boats, as many ambulances and two rescue vans were rushed from Rajkot to Morbi. A total of 25 EMRI ambulances were at the spot to take patients to Morbi Civil Hospital, collector GT Pandya said.
除了國家災(zāi)害反應(yīng)部隊,陸軍也參與了救援。六艘船,多輛救護車和兩輛救援車從拉杰果德趕往莫爾比。收集人員潘迪亞說,現(xiàn)場共有25輛應(yīng)急管理與研究所(EMRI)救護車將病人送往莫爾比地方醫(yī)院。
PM Narendra Modi announced ex gratia of Rs 2 lakh from the national relief fund to each of the families of the victims and Rs 50,000 each to the injured. CM Bhupendra Patel, who cancelled all his engagements to reach Morbi, announced Rs 4 lakh to the next of kin of the deceased and Rs 50,000 each for the injured.
莫迪總理宣布從國家救援基金撥出資金向每位遇難者家屬提供20萬盧比的補償,向每位傷者提供5萬盧比的補償。首席部長布彭德拉·帕特爾取消所有行程,趕往莫爾比,宣布向死者的近親提供40萬盧比的補償,向傷者每人提供5萬盧比的補償。
PM Modi tweeted in Gujarati, “I am deeply saddened by the tragedy at Morbi. Talked to Gujarat chief minister Bhupendra Patel and other officials about this. Relief and rescue operations are going on in full swing and all necessary assistance is being provided to the affected.”
莫迪總理在古吉拉特邦發(fā)推特稱:“我對莫爾比的悲劇深感悲痛。我和古吉拉特邦首席部長彭德拉·帕特爾以及其他官員談過這個問題。救援行動正在全力進行,我們會向受到影響的人們提供一切必要的援助。”
President Droupadi Murmu condoled the deaths from her official Twitter handle. “The tragedy in Morbi, Gujarat has left me worried. My thoughts and prayers are with the affected people. Relief and rescue efforts will bring succour to the victims,” she wrote.
總統(tǒng)德魯芭蒂·莫爾穆在她的官方推特上對遇難者表示哀悼。“我非常擔(dān)心發(fā)生在古吉拉特邦莫爾比縣的悲劇。我的關(guān)心和祈禱與受影響的人們同在。救援工作將為受害者帶來救助?!?/p>
The 1.25m wide and 233m long bridge suspension structure near Mani Mandir had been closed for six months to complete a Rs 2-crore renovation. The bridge, built on a budget of Rs 3.5 lakh, had been inaugurated on February 20, 1879, by the then Mumbai governor Richard Temple. All the material required for the structure – meant to connect Darbargarh, the official residence of the erstwhile Royal family of Morbi, to Nazarbagh – was shipped from England.
這座1.25米寬、233米長的懸索結(jié)構(gòu)橋位于瑪尼寺廟附近,為了完成一項耗資2千萬盧比的翻新工程,該橋已經(jīng)關(guān)閉了6個月。這座橋剛開始建造的時候預(yù)算為35萬盧比,建成后于1879年2月20日由當(dāng)時的孟買總督理查德·坦普爾主持落成典禮。建造這座建筑所需的所有材料都是從英國運來的。建這座橋就是為了將前莫爾比王室的官邸達(dá)巴爾加爾與納扎爾巴格連接起來。