做最好的自己
Be the best of whatever you are
做最好的自己
——Doutlast Malloch
—— 道格拉斯·馬洛赫
If you can’t be a pine on the top of the hill,
如果你無法成為山頂上的一棵蒼松,
Be a scrub in the valley—but be
就做山谷中的一叢灌木—但一定要做
The best little scrub by the side of the rill.
溪邊最好的一叢小灌木。
Be a bush if you can't be a tree.
如果不能長成參天大樹就好好做一叢灌木。
If you can't be a bush be a bit of the grass,
如果你成不了灌木,那就做一棵小草,
And some highway some happier make.
讓道路因你而更有生氣。
If you can't be a muskie then just be a bass—
如果你成不了海洋中的大梭魚那就做一條鱸魚—
But the liveliest bass in the lake!
但一定要做湖里那條最有 活力的鱸魚!
We can't all be captains, we've got to be cr-ew,
我們不可能都做船長,必須要有人做船員,
There's something for all of us here.
總會有適合我們做的一些小事。
There's big work to do and there's lesser to do,
有大事,也有小事,
And the task we must do is the near.
我們要做的就是眼前的事。
If you can't be a highway then just be a trai-l,
如果你成不了大道那就做一條小徑,
If you can't be the sun be a star.
如果你成不了太陽那就做一顆星星。
It isn't by size that you win or you fail—
成功還是失敗并不能取決于你所做事情的大小——
Be the best of whatever you are!
做最好的自己!